Structural Staff Engineer
IONCON, PLLC is currently seeking a talented professional to work as a Structural Staff Engineer in our office in Boone, NC. Candidates will work as part of a diverse team to perform structural engineering analysis, design, calculations, and professional consultation with clients including architects, contractors, and homeowners.
Candidates should hold a B.S. or M.S. in Civil/Structural Engineering and have a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience in the field of wood, steel, masonry, and concrete. Construction experience is also a plus.
- Complete structural engineering load analysis and calculations
- Develop engineering and construction drawings in AutoCAD
- Perform construction site inspections and review letters.
- Manage workflow in a timely manner
- Develop scope of work and contract documents
- Work professionally in an office environment
- Communicate with clients directly
- Work independently at times and as part of a team
Education / Experience / Skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering
- Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering examination (PE preferred)
- Familiarity with wood, concrete, and steel design standards
- Construction experience (plus)
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Task oriented / Ability to manage jobs and meet deadlines
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Word / Excel
- 3D Structural Analysis Software
Interested Candidates are encouraged to send a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com . The hourly salary will depend on education, capability, and experience.